WHO ARE THE CAREGIVERS?
Anyone who provides care and/or support services for an older individual who, for reasons of illness or frailty, cannot manage independently without assistance.
ARE YOU A CAREGIVER?
Do you perform tasks to help with shopping, paying bills, running errands, transportation, etc. for your spouse, parents or a loved one? Do you provide personal care for spouse or parents?
Information & Referral
Assistance in Accessing Service
Respite care is to enable caregivers to be temporarily relieved from their care giving responsibilities. Our program will enable a family member to choose a respite provider so they can do errands or have a day off.
• Applicant must be 18 years or older and meet the definition of a family caregiver
• Elder must be age 55 years or older and unable to perform at least two activities of daily living
• Applicant and elder must reside within the Creek Nation service area
• Either the applicant or elder must be a member of a federally recognized tribe
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
Grandparents or older relatives raising a child under the age of eighteen are also eligible.
Priority and Preference
• Grandparents or relative over the age of 55
• Resides with and provides primary care for a child 18 years or younger
• Provides care for a child with severe disabilities
Elder must be age 55 or older and must reside within the Creek Nation service area
Elder must be a member of a federally recognized tribe
Elder must be the primary care provider of the child; however, legal guardianship is not required
Muscogee (Creek) Nation
PO Box 580
Okmulgee, OK 74447